2 cups - Long grain rice (basmati)
2 cups - Milk
1/2 cup - Cream
1 tsp - Sugar
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp - Cumin seeds
3 nos - Cloves
1 inch - Cinnamon Stick
3 - Cardamoms
1 No - Bay leaf
2 tbsp - Ghee
1 cup - Canned chopped mixed fruit (drained)
2 nos - Rose petals
Cooking Instructions :
- Wash and soak rice for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix milk, cream, sugar, salt. Drain rice, keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a heavy pan, add cumin seeds, cinnamon, bayleaf, cardamoms, cloves.
- Allow to splutter, add rice and fry in ghee for 2 minutes.
- Add milk, cream, mixture.
- Add 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer till cooked.
- Mix in drained fruit very gently, garnish by sprinkling finely broken rosepetals.
- Serve hot with a curry or tadka dal.