1 Tsp - Ginger powder
1 Tbs - Fennel seeds
1 tsp - Shahjeera (cumin seed)
6 Nos - Garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbs - Pepper, red, powder (cayenne)
2 Nos - Cinnamon sticks
6 Nos - Cardamoms
6 Nos - Ccloves
1 No - Bay leaf (Indian tez patta)
Salt to taste
1 Tsp - Saffron
1 Cup - Curd (yoghurt), creamy (or sour cream)
200 gms - Ghee (Clarified Butter)
1/4 Tsp - Hing (asafoetida)
1 kg - Lamb, cut into large cubes
Cooking Instructions :
- Grind together the spices and keep aside.
- Soak saffron in the dahi.
- Heat ghee and fry the lump of hing
- Add meat and saute until well browned.
- Pour in the dahi and fry until liquid is absorbed.
- Add a glassful of water and the spices.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, covered, until tender.
- Remove cover and cook until liquid is gone
- Adjust salt and the dish can be served on a bed of rice or for the indian bereads.