750 gms - Lamb, lean (or mutton)
250 gms - Lamb fat
2 tsp - Cayenne Pepper
2 tsp - Fennel seeds
1 tsp - Ginger powder
1 tsp - Corriander powder
2 tsp - Kashmiri garam masala
1/2 cup - Yoghurt
2 tbsp - Ghee (Clarified Butter)
1 tsp - Sugar
1/2 cup - Khoya
1 cup - Milk
2 tsp - Pepper, black
4 nos - Cardamoms
Cooking Instructions :
- Chop the meat, fat, cayenne, fennel, ginger, coriander, and 1 tsp. garam masala with a food processor.
- Keep chopping, adding a little yoghurt and ghee, until the meat is a smooth paste.
- Form into balls 1.5-2 inches in diameter.
- Heat remaining ghee in a pan. Add sugar, khoya, yoghurt, garam masala, and salt to taste.
- Pour in the milk, add the koftas, and simmer until the liquid evaporates and the koftas are very tender.