2 nos - Onions (quartered)
2 nos - Cinnamon sticks
10 nos - Cloves
12 nos - Peppercorns
6 nos - Cardamoms
1/2 tsp - Corriander powder
500 gms - Lamb, cubed
Salt to taste
250 gms - Rice
1-2 Tbsp - Sugar
1 no - Lemon
1 Tbsp - Almonds
1/2 tsp - Saffron, soaked in 1/4 Tbs. milk
4 Tbsp - Ghee
Cooking Instructions :
- Make bouquet garni(bag of spices) of onions, cinnamon, cloves, 8 peppercorns, 4 cardamoms, and coriander.
- Put bag of spices in a pan, add meat, salt, and enough water to cover. Cook until water reduces to half.
- Remove bag of spices and squeeze out the flavor.
- Add the sugar and juice from 1/2 lemon; cook until liquid is syrupy.
- In another pan, boil the rice in water with the remaining spices and some salt until barely tender; drain.
- In a casserole, put a layer of rice, then the meat, then remaining rice.
- Pour saffron milk over top, sprinkle with nuts, cover tightly, bake like pullao (~350 F for 30-45 minutes).